Results instantly displayed
Measurement of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin levels
Single press button to toggle between mothers expired level (ppm) and foetal carboxyhaemoglobin (%FCOHb) level
Breath hold countdown timer to guide patients
Supplied with Safebreath® mouthpieces to ensure a complete hygiene concept
The CO Check Baby has been designed specifically for midwives working in smoking cessation to quickly and efficiently carry out breath tests whilst providing fast accurate results.
Ease of use is key in a busy smoking cessation clinic – from a single breath the results are instantly displayed in parts per million (PPM) and % carboxyhaemoglobin (%COHb), clear visual guidance is also provided with coloured red, yellow and green indicators dependent on the concentration of exhaled carbon monoxide, indicating if the person is a non-smoker, light smoker, or heavy smoker.
The CO Check Baby will also provide the level of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin. There is a clear correlation between the exhaled carbon monoxide on the pregnant mothers breath and that of the % carboxyhaemoglobin in the foetal blood supply (%FCOHb).
Additionally the CO Check Baby is also capable of detecting environmental CO levels. When the Environmental Capture is enabled, background CO levels are taken into account when carrying out a breath test. If the background levels are 10ppm for example, then when the person is taking a breath test this background reading of 10ppm will be taken into account. Environmental levels are displayed in PPM.
It is widely accepted and acknowledged a non-smoker will perform a test and will display a level of 6ppm or less. A light smoker will perform a test and have a reading between 7 – 10ppm. A smoker will perform a test and have a reading of between 11 – 20ppm and a heavy smoker will display a reading of 21ppm or more.
- Results instantly displayed
- Measurement of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin levels
- Single press button to toggle between mothers expired level (ppm) and foetal carboxyhaemoglobin (%FCOHb) level
- Breath hold countdown timer to guide patients
- Coloured light indicators to signify smoking level
- %FCOHb light indicators – Green or Red dependent on levels recorded
- Measurement of environmental CO levels
- Supplied with Safebreath® mouthpieces to ensure a complete hygiene concept