The POWERbreathe K Series is the 3rd generation of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training series (breathing training) and the world’s first portable precision electronic inspiratory muscle training and monitoring system that delivers a superior performance. The POWERbreathe K Series is rechargeable and supplied with a recharging and display stand.
The POWERbreathe K5 with Breathe-Link software is the ultimate in breathing training technology. Manage and store customised training routines and utilise specific performance testing parameters via Breathe-Link software.
Train, Analyse, Compare, Improve.
The POWERbreathe K Series uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the electronically controlled, rapid-response valve creates a resistance to inhalation – thereby increasing inspiratory muscle strength and endurance.
The POWERbreathe K Series' training resistance is specifically designed to match the dynamic changes in breathing muscle strength throughout your breath and can automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session. Training measurement results are displayed on screen, allowing you to monitor training progress and to optimise your training technique.
The POWERbreathe training regime of 30 breaths twice a day, typically takes only a few minutes a day, and when used correctly you should start to feel the benefits within just a few weeks.
POWERbreathe is drug-free and natural with no side effects or drug interactions.
Overview of training technology features:·
- Auto-optimising IMT technology - automatically adapts to your personal training requirements
- Training Intensity - parameters adjustable to suit your own personal training requirements
- Training Guidance - provides breathing pacing guidance and displays the number of breaths remaining
Overview of training feedback and testing features:·
- Training Results - provides detailed feedback including Load, Power, Energy and inhaled Volume
- Training History – graphically displays your last 36 training sessions for you to view on screen
- Breathing Energy - measures the mechanical work of breathing during your session
- Single Breath Test – measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak inspiratory flow rate and inhaled volume in a single breath test
Overview of technology features: ·
- ‘You and I’ option – Interchangeable Valve Head option for multiple users (Additional Valve Heads sold separately)
- Washable Valve – can be easily removed for cleaning
- Rechargeable battery
Overview of Breathe-Link features: ·
- Breathe-Link Software – PC connectivity via USB enables real-time training and performance measuring and testing
- Select specific training and testing parameters and then assess inspiratory muscle condition, training progress and try and beat your previous scores
- Breathe-Link Pro-View – for detailed, simultaneous plotting and analysis of all your inspiratory muscle training data
- Breathe-Link Custom – create and upload your own personalised breathing training sessions
Use & Care
Full instructions are provided in the User Manual.
1. Charge the unit.
2. Power on.
3. Select Start from the menu then select Train.
4. Put the nose-clip on.
5. Breathe - until you hear the beep. Repeat for 30 breaths.
6. View Results
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week you remove the valve head and soak it in warm water for about 10 minutes (see POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week soak the valve head in a mild sterilising solution instead of water, using the POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.
- POWERbreathe K5 Inspiratory Muscle Trainer
- Breathe-Link CD
- Recharging & display stand
- POWERbreathe Instructional DVD (approx: 35-mins)
- Soft-touch nose-clip
- Storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets
- User Manual
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations.
Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum.
Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.