A portable cerebral oxygenation monitoring device optimized for pediatric research.
The PortaLite mini is ideally suited for brain measurements during everyday activity. The small and flexible probe is easy to attach and connected with one wire to the portable battery housing. The PortaLite is easily applicable and could be seen as one of the smallest and most portable brain oxygenation monitoring devices on the market.
The NIRS system has three light sources and is therefore capable of measuring tissue saturation index (TSI), which is an absolute measure of oxygenated hemoglobin. Furthermore, this NIRS system uses near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) to measure oxy-, deoxy-, and total hemoglobin concentrations at capillary level in a non-invasive way. The PortaLite mini has a flexible sensor to fit the curvature of the head or smaller muscles like the intercostal or trapezius muscle.
- The PortaLite Mini uses 1 receiver and three transmitters, 16, 21 and 26 mm from the receiver
- It is specially designed for pediatric studies and neonatal research
- Measures oxy-, deoxy-, and total hemoglobin concentration changes
- Using the non-invasive NIRS technique
Main applications are found in:
- Brain oxygenation monitoring
- Pediatric studies
- Neonatal research
- Sports science
- Functional studies
- Cerebral studies